IDE does not see Vidor4000

Hi, I just got a Vidor 4000 and after setting it up and trying a few examples I decided to test the draw logo example. The sketch compiled and uploaded fine but I could not see any logo on the HDMI monitor connected.

Since then, I have tried connecting my Vidor to a Linux and a Windows computer and neither of them seem to see the vidor, i.e. the port does not appear under tools>port. The green light on the vidor is constantly on, when connected to USB.

So far I have tried: -Different USB cables -Different computers running IDE 1.8.7 on Ubuntu 18.04, Win 10 and Win 7 (always through a USB 2) -Pressing the blue reset button on the vidor -Double tapping the reset button -Restarting computers -Connecting and disconnecting vidor with the IDE open or not -On linux checked ttyACM

My Arduino uno works fine. Unfortunately, until I can get a port for my vidor I cannot try the FPGA recovery.

Anything else I could try?

i had the same problem, until i realized that i need to get rid of the conductive foam that the vidor comes with. Then it worked. Double tapping is still necessary, for uploading new sketches. But on a newer PC it works without the double tapping thing... its mentioned anywhere here, that there´s an issue regarding connectivity with certain pc´s and that they are working on it.

Hi, thank you very much. I had it on an old breadboard (which I thought was fine) as soon as I lifted it the vidor started working again. Thanks again.