[Solved] Vidor 4000 no HDMI signal !

Hi I just recently purchased the Arduino MKR Vidor 4000 from DigiKey Electronics. When I received it I couldn't upload any code that included the VidorGraphics library. The blink sketch worked fine. Then I repaired the bootloader or whatever by following this tutorial...

After that, it does work to upload the Draw Logo sketch but nothing is displayed on the screen. Connecting it to my TV HDMI in does make it say "unsupported format" but all other of my monitors are just dead no sign of a signal.

I want to use it with this LCD driver board. I am wondering if it is for sure compatible.

Thanks for any help.

I have also posted the same question over on another subforum, link below, because no one is answering my question.

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=670305.0

edit Ok I am getting disgusted! The first post (link above) has now been removed from the forum by the forum police without it being answered! This is supposed to be a place to get your Arduino questions answered right? Originally posted over 2 weeks ago!

All I need to know is.
-Does the Vidor 4000 work with [this](https://learn.adafruit.com/hdmi-uberguide/rtd2660-hdmi-
vga-ntsc-pal-driver-board) driver board?

• What are the steps to take when Vidor 4000 has no HDMI output right from out of the box?
    Not even in bootloader mode( reset double click)!

I understand where you are coming from but I also believe you are way over your head with this. Do you know what a FPGA is and what are you using to generate code for it. Currently you need to generate the FPGA code using external software. The following tutorials, by Arduino community member Daniel Hertz, explain how to create FPGA code with Intel® Quartus® authoring tool: Go to this link: https://store.arduino.cc/usa/mkr-vidor-4000 This is: "It Depends" on the software. The hardware is more then capable of it but your code is where the bottle neck will come from. To get a good start define the problem with specifications including a flow chart and schematic. Define what is the expected outcome. I would suggest purchasing the Arduino cookbook and reading it, Also study FPGAs as this is critical for this board. This will give you some basics. also use the online tutorials and videos available, there are many good ones on this web site. At this point you will be able to define the problem and may have already solved it.

Ok I am getting disgusted! The first post (link above) has now been removed from the forum by the forum police without it being answered! This is supposed to be a place to get your Arduino questions answered right?

The "police" caught you cross-posting, which is against forum rules.

This is a community self-support forum. No-one here is paid by Arduino to guarantee you get an answer.

First of all thanks, gilshultz and yes PaulRB that’s what I assumed had happened.

I am a custom electronics engineer with more circuit board knowledge than most of the forum posters on here playing around with there “already designed by someone else” Arduino boards. I have a well established knowledge of programing microcontrollers with C. Just not with any other software. I know Arduino Uno, Mega, Pro Mini… from front to back and just got this Vidor to expand my after hours projects to large displays. And it’s not working

Ok, I will try to farther clarify my issues.

Currently you need to generate the FPGA code using external software.

Take a look again at this post. You may be right but I thought this tutorial was to reprogram the FPGA.

after doing that, my Vidor 4000 is still a dead piece of circuit board.

Ask the mod to move your message to the Vidor4000 sub-forum.

Hey, guys, I found that... ALL of the monitors I own are not compatible with the Vidor 4000. Initially, I solved my own problem by reprogramming the FPGA but turns out that it worked afterward. Just that I don't own a monitor that is able to display that HDMI data.