I have been using the IDE on the Mac happily for months and all of sudden it wont find my boards - on launch it also shows the error message read ECONNRESET. Currently using 2.3.3.
The odd thing is, I know the port is working as Arudino Cloud works and finds the boards, so as a work around i have had to move everything to the Cloud IDE.
I have looked into this for hours, tried resinstalling, completely clearing libraries etc and nothing, thus i am now posting for any possible help..
Verify that the "wont find my boards" problem is still occurring.
Switch back to the Terminal window.
Press the Command+A keyboard shortcut.
This will select all the text in the Terminal window.
Press the Command+C keyboard shortcut.
This will copy the selected text to the clipboard.
Open a forum reply here by clicking the "Reply" button.
Click the <CODE/> icon on the post composer toolbar.
This will add the forum's code block markup (```) to your reply to make sure the output is correctly formatted.
Hi! I have the same problem on my Mac. I tried to follow your instructions but the terminal response is: "zsh: no such file or directory: /Applications/Arduino".
There are two "Applications" directories: one "/Applications" and the other: " /Users/my_username/Applications". Arduino IDE.app is in the first one as all other apps. However, launching IDE from terminal I get the same error.
On the same lan my laptop Arduino IDE (same version) works. I have deleted and redownloaded everything possible with no result!
It probably doesn't count but it happened after a test on Blynk. I got punished!
I would like to continue using the Arduino IDE... Thanks for the help!
You added the invalid URL // https://raw.githubusercontent.com/damellis/attiny/ide-1.6.x-boards-manager/package_damellis_attiny_index.json (note the // at the start) to the "Additional Boards Manager URLs" field in the Arduino IDE preferences, and that broke the IDE. I'll provide instructions you can follow to fix it:
Close the Arduino IDE window if it is running.
Delete the file at the following path on your hard drive:
/Users/stefanolarosa/.arduinoIDE/arduino-cli.yaml
The .arduinoIDE folder is hidden by default. You can make it visible by pressing the Command+Shift+. keyboard shortcut.
Please be careful when deleting things from your computer. When in doubt, back up!
Start Arduino IDE.
Select File > Preferences... (or Arduino IDE > Settings... for macOS users) from the Arduino IDE menus.
The "Preferences" dialog will open.
Enter the following text into the "Additional Boards Manager URLs" field in the "Preferences" dialog:
Click the "OK" button.
The "Preferences" dialog will close.
Arduino IDE should now start up and work as expected.
FYI, the Arduino developers have already made a fix for the problem of the IDE not handling invalid URLs gracefully. The fix was made after the time of the last Arduino IDE release (which is why you are still encountering the problem when using the current version of the IDE), but at least we can be glad that users will not encounter this problem going forward.
Thank you so much! It looks like everything is fine: it's downloading all the libraries and boards. Thank you so much for your help! Hope I don't need it again...