Incompatible include files ?

Forgive me if this sounds a trivial question... I'm new to Arduino and C++.

I'm trying to write a sketch using both SPI.h and IRremote.h My multiplexed LED project will require both.

I get an error message along the lines of "--vector_07 is already declared" the error line number indicates SPI uses that declaration - I'm assuming, (possibly dangerously), that both these functions work on interrupts??

How can I overcome this - can I edit the .h files somehow, or can't these two libraries co-exist in a project. Are multiple interrupts even possible ??

Pointing me in the right direction would be helpful....

TIA

There are 2 existing and well established IR libraries for Arduino
--> IRremote is the original and there are many examples online
--> IRLib is a more modern re-write of IRremote, with several enhancements

which one do you use?

Also what Arduino do you use?

you need to make sure you don't have timer conflict issues. in some libraries you can select which timer to use

I just checked SPI library for stock Arduino core from 1.6.11. It does not make use of any ISRs, let alone the timer ISR.

Post your code and the full text of any and all errors, and also what board you're using.

The latest SPI core class , advertised as "Master " is full of #ifdef switched depending on processor , mode etc.
So it is really important to select correct options , including interrupts.
I find using local copy is best to navigate thru the code.
I am using a class based on this SPI and it is no picking to navigate thru it either.
I am using plain "extended SPI" and no interrupts so far , so I cannot be of more assistance, sorry.

Good luck
Jim