integrate arduino with Pixhawk

Hi,

I'm trying to connect an arduino with the Pixhawk. I understand that your supposed to attach the arduino to Telemetry 2 on the Pixhawk but don't know what software to incorporate so the arduino can communicate with it. Does anyone know how to do this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Arya

If you are going to ask for help, please at least link (properly) to the datasheet of the device. I shouldn't have to do a Google search to help you out.

ieee488:
I shouldn't have to do a Google search to help you out

While that is true, in the OP's defence s/he might reasonably expect that since Pixhawk is in the subject line, only anyone who knows what a Pixhawk is would read the thread in anticipation of helping.

ok, here's the link to the Pixhawk

JimboZA:
While that is true, in the OP's defence s/he might reasonably expect that since Pixhawk is in the subject line, only anyone who knows what a Pixhawk is would read the thread in anticipation of helping.

If that is the case, that narrows down the potential answers even more.

Hello,

aryakeyvan:
I understand that your supposed to attach the arduino to Telemetry 2 on the Pixhawk

Looks like a standard serial connection at 3.3 V. You will need to translate the voltage or use a 3.3 V Arduino.

Using an Arduino with two (or more) USARTs (hardware serial ports) will make work much easier.

Flow control (CTS / RTS) is not implemented on the Arduino side. You will need to implement it or keep the serial buffer clear and tie CTS to 3.3 V.

but don't know what software to incorporate so the arduino can communicate with it.

On the Arduino side you would use Serial methods.