Is it possible to use an "IR touch frame" with an arduino?

I'm putting together a project heavily inspired by Great Scott's LED matrix with the addition of a touch interface across the whole front panel. The LED matrix should be easy enough. But I'm kinda scratching my head when it comes to doing the touch interface.

I came across IR touch frames that are meant to augment a computer monitor into a touchscreen. Something like this would work great, except it uses a USB interface that from my understanding, behaves simmilar to a computer mouse. Is there a good way to use this product with an arduino? If not, are there any resources out there for building a similar product from scratch?

What is Your experience in digital electronics and programming?

I have a pretty solid background with arduino and basic digital logic. I've built an autonomous maze solving robot using an aruino nano and a few continuous rotation servos. If it came to programming a driver from scratch for the touch frame... eesh. I might be a bit over my head there. I was hoping for a slightly more plug and play method.

Okey, that's fine. Your project would be well over the head for a newbie but to often newbies almost want to bring down the moon.

Dig down in touchscreens. You'll find out.

What you need to achieve is like ‘reverse’ multiplexing.

Think of it as a keyboard matrix... with rows and columns of touch points. Light up a row, and check which columns are obscured. Rinse & repeat

An algorithm, or lookup table from the XY coordinates will give you a touch-cell value within your program..

I think I understand the required programming (or at least I'll cross that bridge when I get there..). My question lies more on the hardware side of things. The IR frame I included in the OP is typically used by a desktop computer and as such, has a USB interface. I'm wondering if the USB can be plugged into an arduino via a shield and I can somehow coax the touch position out of it.

As faar as I get it You need do decode the touch screen in order to send that decoded data further. I strongly doubt there’s any Arduino code that will read a USB delievered signal from a touch screen.

Railroader: As faar as I get it You need do decode the touch screen in order to send that decoded data further. I strongly doubt there's any Arduino code that will read a USB delievered signal from a touch screen.

I guess that's the answer I'm looking for. Back to the drawing board for me then.

Thanks!

Sorry but I could not find any cheerful answer. I've interfaced a number of items but Your wish seems less than possible. Hopefully some other helper has finished his sleep and will fill in the gap.