Is there any plugin like esp32fs plugin for esp32s2 and works on Arduino IDE 2.0

Hi it's the first time i'm using esp32s2 instead of esp32. I would like to know if there is any plugin that helps me to save images for my web server in SPIFFS for esp32s2 and using arduino IDE 2.0. I've been looking but i don't find any plugin. If this plugin doesn't exist any orientation is welcomed about how can i save my images in SPIFFS not using this kind of plugins. Thank you for your time and assistance.

This is the plugin i'm used to use:

Moved to the IDE category

I think it’s not available yet, you need to use the old IDE (but happy to be proven wrong)

I think it’s not available yet, you need to use the old IDE

This is also my understanding of the situation. The lack of an equivalent plugin capability in Arduino IDE 2.x is tracked by the Arduino IDE developers here:

I see that one of the developers involved in the Espressif boards platforms projects has considered the idea of using the support for VS Code and Theia extensions already present in Arduino IDE 2.x:

https://github.com/arduino/arduino-ide/issues/58#issuecomment-1354775556

But I am not aware that any work has been done in that direction since.

Wow, that ticket was opened two years ago. From what I read, it sounds like there are plugin capabilities/options already, if that is the direction the Arduino Devs want the public to go in the absence of an official method. But what's missing is a public API to access the following information from the Sketch window the plugin is running in:

What we are missing now to implement plugins like the file uploader and exception decoder is some stable API to access information about the current sketch: source directory, build directory, FQBN, selected serial port.

Thanks you all. I have seen that news but I thought that in two years there might have been some progress in that direction. Thanks you for your time

Arduino IDE 2 is nice, but unusable because it can't copy files to SPIFFS :frowning:

SPIFFS is obsolete. That there comes a new uploader for obsolete issues isn't sure. I use memory cards. Works without problems. Much more place. Cheap. And no use of space on the controller.

not yet on ESP32 if I recall.

Not yet, the vast majority of modules with ESP32 do not have an SDCARD slot, so transfer to SPIFFS is still necessary.

ESP32 haven't an TFT screen. All of mine has it. On that TFT screen is a card slot present. A card slot board costs not that much. Adafruit mostly not the cheapest.

In this case i can't use a memory card. That's why im trying to use SPIFFS as i was used to do a few years ago.

SPIFFS on the ESP32 has been depreciated. The newest ESPRESSIFF API release breaks SPIFFS, the Arduino Core is 2 versions behind the latest ESPRESSIF API release.

Use LittleFS instead.

Also the newest ESPRESSIFF API release breaks EEPROM.

I have also previous versions like arduino 1.8.19 but i'm not used to use it

ESP32 Preferences

thanks - I missed that announcement

Thanks you, looking for saving in LittleFS i have found this other plugin that also allows you to save in SPIFFS.

That was made for the IDE v1.8.x and you can see that in the example image. Have you tested it and verified it works in IDE v2.x.x?

All these plugins (SPIFFS, LittleFS) were made for Arduino ID v 1.8.xx, for version 2 are unusable!
I would like to find solution for Arduino IDE version 2.0

In the meantime, I use this Makefile and sometimes I do everything from the commandline using this Makefile. It now has support for both SPIFFS and LittleFS. Two examples:
make build flash
make filesystem.bin flash-fs

I had to rename it to Makefile.txt so just remove the ".txt" part or you can call it like this:
make -f Makefile.txt filesystem.bin flash-fs

Makefile.txt (2.0 KB)

I'm not very versed in such things, but as I understand it, your method works for IDE 2. Can you make more detailed instructions on how to use this?