Is there is difrence between using output ports for leds

Is there any difference in the out put pins of a adruino nano wen using them to control addressable leds.

wen analog pins are set to output pins to control leds,
does it then make any difference, or any there any limits vs the PWM ports.
And what about the digital ports between the PWM ports.

Output characteristics are the same for Arduino pins on the same controller.

PWM pins can be modulated with the Arduino analogWrite() function.

Why are you asking ?

was wondering wen using different out put channels all would work 100% the same.
That meyby one would be slower or faster then the other or might give lag or something.

No they all work exactly the same. With addressable strips they have to be addressed at a set speed anyway so even if there was a difference, which there isn’t, it would make no odds.

cool thx good to know.

I would not like it to find out at some point in my project that there is a difference in behavior timing or something on the strip because of using different ports

I'm not so deep into it, but aren't there restrictions for A6/A7 on the Nano?

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=123176.0

Yes, A0-A5 can be used as normal digital pins, but A6, A7 on a Nano is analogue input only.
Leo..

Yes, A0-A5 can be used as normal digital pins, but A6, A7 on a Nano is analogue input only.
Leo..

Well now I'm confused ???

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/AnalogInputPins

here it say's nothing about just A0-A5

But is good to know things like this now I can keep that in mind whit my wiring design,

A7 I had reserved for a momentary switch, because is next to the 5v so nice and easy for use of 2pin connector wen I want to.

biggizmo:
A7 I had reserved for a momentary switch, because is next to the 5v so nice and easy for use of 2pin connector wen I want to.

That doesn't help you much because switches should connect between an input and ground,

For switches close to the Arduino itself, you can use INPUT_PULLUP instead of providing a pullup resistor, but that only applies to the digital pins.

A6 and A7 are indeed, analog input only pins and do not have an output function so unlike A0 to A5 which are digital pins, you cannot use INPUT_PULLUP on them and you can also only use analogRead, not digitalRead, so you would need to add a pullup resistor.

That doesn't help you much because switches should connect between an input and ground,

So? it just need to detect if there is a loop to ground to detect/read a switch being pressed.
I would have thought the port would need to get a 5v :o

very interesting thx you for your input,

must say I not have being looking at switches and how to set them up because leds are more inserting.

biggizmo:
So? it just need to detect if there is a loop to ground to detect/read a switch being pressed.
I would have thought the port would need to get a 5v

Pull the pin* to 5V with a pull-up resistor, and then the switch to ground will make the pin low when the switch is closed. (So you look for low to mean closed.) The pull-up resistor can be a component you add, or more likely the internal one which is enabled by:

pinMode(pin_number, INPUT_PULLUP);
  • Note pin, not port: a port is a collection of pins.

I made a drawing from how I have in mind on planing to make my end setup.
if have any suggestions or comments I'm eager to hear them

note I used Led strips in the drawing but their not all just strips, was just easier this way

You refer to a Nano, but you have used a different board in your diagram! :roll_eyes:

Yea it's not a real nano It's a ATMEGA328P whit 23L01, on Aliexp they sell them as a nano but it's just some imitation or clone or what ever,

They have a boot loader and get recognized as a nano,

This pin lay out picture is from the seller manual of this board

biggizmo:

Well, those Arduino pages can't be edited/corrected by forum members any more.
That means to me that you can't fully trust them.

No difference actually. When you could complain, they didn't correct them anyway.
It has been tried for more than a decade to correct errors in the 74HC595 shift register page, without success.
Leo..

Well, those Arduino pages can't be edited/corrected by forum members any more.
That means to me that you can't fully trust them

well it's not the reason I did start the thread but yea wen doing reaches I could not come up whit a good answers, and some thing's that ware contradicting like short of what you say

biggizmo:

That's because the tutorial is about analogRead :wink:

See digitalRead() - Arduino Reference and digitalWrite() - Arduino Reference

That's because the tutorial is about analogRead

thx for the pointers