Keyboard Latency Tester

Hello there, I recently bought an Arduino Due and my new keyboard arrives. I want to test the input latency from it, but the example code does not help me too much and I am stuck. I want to measure the input latency of a single key on the keyboard at least for now and record it in milliseconds. I intend to probably press a key 5 times to get a good sample to average out the data. I will do this for all the keys to see if there are any variances. The point of all of this is to create a timeline of latency for my new keyboard across firmware versions.

Just to provide a little more information, I can definitely read and see what keys are getting pressed. My issue is pulling the input timings from the keyboard, not the time in between presses.

Hello
Do you have a physical and logical interface describtion about the keys?

I am not sure exactly sure what you mean, by physical and logical interface. The keys use hall effect technology and the keyboard determines which one(s) are pressed by multiplexors. There are 4 debug holes, but there is no documentation hence why I want to determine input latency via the universal serial bus port.

physical and logical interface characteristics.
Voltage level and timing etc.....

Please post a code snippet that reads the keyboard output.

I only know of keyboards that send make and break messages, not raw key messages.

Something interesting project. Can you share the details of your proceedings to implement it

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.