Large gear motor with Arduino UNO

hi can someone help me with the wiring for a metal high torque DC gear motor with arduino uno? i have searched on google but i couldnt find. what i need to do is when a push button is pressed the motor has to rotate for 10 seconds and stop. when another push button is pressed it should rotate the the other direction for 10 seconds and stop. i was thinking to control the motor with a L298 motor controller and with a power supply of 12V. that is because the motor i will be using has a lot of torque (stall torque 4kg)? below is an image that i found something similar.

Hi,
What are the specs of your motor make, model , voltage, current, power, any link to a datasheet.

Ops diag.
d0d223a9797a965452d289970e8c567e17867b6f.png

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile:

if the motor voltage and current work, the use it.

if you want us to help, you need to post the data sheet for the motor.

minura:
i was thinking to control the motor with a L298 motor controller and with a power supply of 12V

The L298 is old technology with a limited output current and a large voltage drop - hence the large heatsink.

Look for a motor driver that uses MOSFETs and can provide whatever current your motors require. Ideally size the driver to meet the stall current of the motor unless the driver has the ability to shut-down to protect itself from overloads.

I have been building a model railway controller with Infineon TLE 5206 H-bridge chips. They are rated for 5 amps (a lot more than an L298) and have overload and short-circuit protection.

…R

https://www.pololu.com/search/compare/11

im thinking to get one of those. and for the motors i was searching on ebay but most of those dont have datasheets and the torque is not mentioned too. i just need a torque of around 5N