LCD Keypad Shield for Arduino & LCD 1602 wiring by botton side

Hello to all.

After researching all that was available on that shield I could not solve the problem.

I just want to do the wiring between the shield with an Arduino Uno from the bottom.

I can not use the top of the shield, because it simply does not fit in the box.

And also, I can not use as a shield, because I have some sensors I have to turn on the circuit.

So my question is: how to do the wiring between the shield and Arduino Uno, using only the minimum necessary pins of the Arduino?

I really appreciate any help, because I’m going crazy with this.

Photos of the shield and schematic attached.

Thank you!

First, have you used it plugged on top of an arduino yet with success (test as a shield). If not, do that, and show us the sketch you tested it that works (so we can see the pin setup).

jackwp:
First, have you used it plugged on top of an arduino yet with success (test as a shield). If not, do that, and show us the sketch you tested it that works (so we can see the pin setup).

Thanks for your fast response jackwp!
Yes, I did. The sketch is as follows.
Thank you!

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
 LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7);
 int keyPress;
 void setup() {
  // set up the LCD's number of columns and rows:
  lcd.begin(16, 2);
  // Print a message to the LCD.
  lcd.print("hello, world!");
}
 void loop() {
   keyPress = analogRead(0);
   lcd.setCursor(0, 1);
  lcd.print("in: ");
  lcd.print(keyPress);
  lcd.print(" ");
   if(keyPress < 65){
    lcd.print("Right     ");
  } else if(keyPress < 221){
    lcd.print("Up      ");
  } else if(keyPress < 395){
    lcd.print("Down    ");
  } else if(keyPress < 602){
    lcd.print("Left   ");
  } else if(keyPress < 873){
    lcd.print("Select ");
  } else {
    lcd.print("No btn");
  }
}

LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7) tells us which data pins need to be connected. On top of those, you need to connect the ground and 5V pins.

And if you plan to use the keypad, connect A0.

Let us know how that works.

jackwp: LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 9, 4, 5, 6, 7) tells us which data pins need to be connected.

Hi jackwp, I need read and write, since I will read a menu. That is my doubt, I guess. What pins on Arduino and shield.

Thanks again.

I think by read, you mean read the keypad (not read the LCD). The keypad uses the first analog input A0. By using resistors attached to each key, there is a different voltage sent to the one input pin (saves lots of pins that way). Did that answer your question?