lcd nokia 3310 connection

Hi,
I'm having a "mechanical" problem with this screen. I've made a converter board using protoboard and some resistors to run my lcd using 5volts, it works well, my problem has nothing to do with elcetronics or soft, it is a mechanical problem...
unlike what is told on this page (under section "lcd") my connector on the back of the LCD is not glued, it was just pressed by the metal protector against the screen... now that i have assembled the lcd back, i have some contact problem between the metalic connector and the track on the glass (I have to press on the upper part of the lcd to get it working...).

• does someone faced the same problem?
  • is there a good solution to form "bond" between the pads and the connector? or is there an easy to build mechanical adaptor to press the connector on the glass?

Oh dear, this is a problem, although this is how virtually all metal to glass connections are made..

Once you have disassembled such a set up it is almost impossible to get it together.
There is a rubber tube that gets compressed that has concentric rings of conductors. This must be totally grease free so use some form of IPA to clean it but don't use a solvent that will attack the rubber. The same goes for the glass and PCB.

However, the rubber does get crushed so you might need a new one. I have not had much success in doing this thought. :cry:

use some form of IPA to clean it

But not this kind of IPA:

:smiley:

hum, I was maybe not clear enough, I do not have a 3210 lcd (with rubber connector), I have a 3310 one. there are no rubber connector on mine, the connector is a metalic one exactly like the one shown in the picture on the link I provided.

the only problem is that my connector was not glued like on the photo, but just pressed against the lcd itself, i'm seeking a good mechanical solution to press the connector on the lcd.