LCD SPI

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to use my LCD with SPI inteface on my arduino UNO.
I have use this library: Arduino Playground - LiquidCrystal Library.
And the code is the helloworld_spi example.

It doesn't work, I only can see this: (attach file)

My LCD is: Recommendations For You - DealeXtreme

Anybody knows what hapend??

Regards.

17092012214.jpg

The tutorial uses a shift register to drive a standard LCD, your LCD appears to have a serial backpack and therefore can connect directly to the Arduino's SPI or I2C ports. As such the two are not directly compatible.

How are you connecting the two?

Rob

Hi, hanks for replying,

The LCD has 2 interface (I2C and SPI) and you can select one or other with a swich. I'm using SPI and I've connected this interface to arduino's SPI (pins 10 (SS), 11 (MOSI), and 13 (SCK))

Is it right??

Regards

That all sounds about right, maybe your wiring is no good. Do you have a schematic? Any documentation for that LCD?

Rob

I am developing a board with an Arduino pin layout to interface with this LCD 1602 (
DX.com SKU:118059 ) My problem is that I have run out of useful pins on the ESP32 after I use the HSPI pins to connect to another SPI device. So I thought the best solution is to use the same SPI bus to connect to the LCD 1602. If I look at the attached schematic for the LCD 1602, I see that there is a SPI connection on Pins D11 to D13 as they provide MOSI,MISO and SCK connections. There is also a separate 6 pin header on the board labeled ICSP which I have verified use the same connections. I want to retain the Arduino UNO shield geometry so I don't want to use those pins.

I have searched everywhere on the schematic for a SPI Chip Select but cannot find any. The Arduino SPI library functions require a Chip Select line so I have decided to synthesize one by gating the clock to the LCD 1602 by a Chip Select input. In that way clock signals intended for my other SPI device will not reach the LCD display. I can gate the clock signals using a Quad two input NAND gate package. Two gates can be used to make the synthesized Chip Select line active low and invert the clock signal to D13 so the clock polarity is correct..

My questions is has anyone used the SPI bus on this device?

Thanks for your comments.