LED Timer w/ Delays Inbetween

I'm looking to do a supposedly simple yet small project, but I am not sure how to get started, if it will even work, or what to even get. I am hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction to get things going. I found out about Arduino browsing around eBay looking for already made LED controller circuits of different kinds. However, I would like to be able to simply program exactly what I would like specific LEDs to do.

To start off, let me state what I am trying to achieve. I would like to have complete control of the timing of 5 different LEDs. For example, I would like to be able to start a sequence starting with one LED being lit at a time. The first one I want to be on for so many seconds, turn off for so many seconds, and then have the next LED in the sequence to turn on. All the timers for the LEDs and delays need to be controllable. If possible, I would also like a way to trigger the sequence to start with a single push of a button. That's about it.

Should look like:
PUSH BUTTON
LED 1 ON THEN OFF
DELAY
LED 2 ON THEN OFF
DELAY
LED 3 ON THEN OFF
DELAY
LED 4 ON THEN OFF
DELAY
LED 5 ON THEN OFF
END SEQUENCE

If this is at all possible with Arduino, please let me know the kinds of things I need to buy to get this sort of thing started. I will also need help with the programming. If anyone is confused about my description, I will try to explain it better.

Thank you in advance to those that reply! 8)

Your standard Uno will do fine. Then you'll need the switches, LEDs and current limiting resistors.

Programming is dead simple if you don't need to stop the sequence at all; start with the basic tutorials and go from there.

Arrch:
Your standard Uno will do fine. Then you'll need the switches, LEDs and current limiting resistors.

Programming is dead simple if you don't need to stop the sequence at all; start with the basic tutorials and go from there.

That is perfect. Thanks for the reply Arrch. I just read the Blink tutorial and it is dead simple for the sequence programming, but yeah, like you said, I may have trouble with the end. I will need it to end after the last LED.

http://www.gammon.com.au/blink