Libaries not found on linux

Hi People,

I recently switch to linux and I have in mind to do some stuff using arduino.

I installed the ide for linux (pop os) and successfully upload the blink example on my arduino board.

But when I want to use a library i got an error : library not found :frowning:

here's a example if i want to try the midiusb example :

Arduino : 1.8.19 (Linux), Carte : "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P (Old Bootloader)"

arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware /usr/share/arduino/hardware -tools /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avr -libraries /home/blood01/Arduino/libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:nano:cpu=atmega328old -vid-pid=0403_6001 -ide-version=10819 -build-path /tmp/arduino_build_209088 -warnings=none -build-cache /tmp/arduino_cache_651994 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose /home/blood01/Arduino/sketchbook/miditest/miditest.ino
arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware /usr/share/arduino/hardware -tools /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avr -libraries /home/blood01/Arduino/libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:nano:cpu=atmega328old -vid-pid=0403_6001 -ide-version=10819 -build-path /tmp/arduino_build_209088 -warnings=none -build-cache /tmp/arduino_cache_651994 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose /home/blood01/Arduino/sketchbook/miditest/miditest.ino
Using board 'nano' from platform in folder: /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/avr
Using core 'arduino' from platform in folder: /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/avr
Detecting libraries used...
"/usr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing  -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10819 -DARDUINO_AVR_NANO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR   "-I/usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/avr/variants/eightanaloginputs" "/tmp/arduino_build_209088/sketch/miditest.ino.cpp" -o "/dev/null"
Generating function prototypes...
"/usr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -Wno-error=narrowing  -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10819 -DARDUINO_AVR_NANO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR   "-I/usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/avr/cores/arduino" "-I/usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/avr/variants/eightanaloginputs" "/tmp/arduino_build_209088/sketch/miditest.ino.cpp" -o "/tmp/arduino_build_209088/preproc/ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
/home/blood01/Arduino/sketchbook/miditest/miditest.ino:11:21: erreur fatale: MIDIUSB.h : Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce nom
compilation terminée.
exit status 1
Erreur de compilation pour la carte Arduino Nano

Same stuff if I start a new empty sketch and i want to include a stock library like eeprom.h for example.

I check my preferences and the folder is ok (home/blood01/Arduino/) and the library i need is well installed in home/blood01/Arduino/libraries/MIDIUSB/

I saw some other topic on this forum talking about that but none gave me a solution so if someone have an idea on how i can fix that, it will be great :slight_smile:

thanks a lot

In the Arduino IDE try Tools>Manage Libraries, search for the desired library and install.

Yep i've done that (i said the library was installed in the correct path)

But I get it running, i install the ide 2.0 and the library was found and the sketch is working. It was the 1.8 ide that cause the problem.

thanks

Check FILE >> PREFERENCES for a textbox for the path.

My Linux IDE puts my libraries here:

/home/xfpd/.arduino15/libraries

I also have libraries here... (Arduino is my folder all-things-arduino)... I may have specified this, but I do not remember.

/home/xfpd/Arduino/libraries

The IDE recognizes both as valid.

Hi, I think it was the old version of Arduino IDE that mess up, I installed the IDE V2 and now it works like a charm thanks for the help :slight_smile:

1 Like