library ps2

Hi all,

I have one question about the lib ps2!

Can I connect an optical mouse or this is designed only for wheel mouse?

have any difference?

sorry for the english. :-/

Att,

if its a ps2 mouse it should act the same way regardless of how it gathers its information

ps your English is fine :)

The standard microsoft optical USB mice are ps2 compatible.

:D

Mowcius

From the protocol (and PS2 lib)point of view, it is not important, what is inside a mouse (optics or ball). A basic mode works for both.

Thx everybody.

I've tried the lib ps2 on both, and it works very similar!

But the optical, it's responding a little bit fast than the ball model.

thx again.

att, denadai.

yea most optical mice have a resolution in the thousands, and ball mice are in the hundreds, so it will be faster

@denadai, denadai i've tried USB optical mouse to interface with arduino but i couldn't get it right. i use martijnthe tutorial on how to interface with optical mouse PS/2.... you said that you have already successful on getting the USB mouse correctly, could you give me some picture which one should i connect to the arduino? because i just can't solve which cable should i solder..

thank you very much..

you said that you have already successful on getting the USB mouse correctly,

Where was that said?

Whether a mouse is optical or ball-based has nothing to do with the interface to the PC. The first optical mice used PS/2 for communication.

The PS/2 Protocol and USB are entirely different. A tutorial on a PS/2-based mouse will not work with a USB-based mouse.

Thx everybody.

I've tried the lib ps2 on both, and it works very similar!

But the optical, it's responding a little bit fast than the ball model.

i thought that the lib ps2 he means was the library of ps/2 mouse that interfaced using arduino. so the arduino can read of its coordinates/speed.. CMIIW..

The PS/2 Protocol and USB are entirely different. A tutorial on a PS/2-based mouse will not work with a USB-based mouse.

yeah i know,.. at least i want to know to work on PS/2 mouse which i failed to work on.

for your info, i've already killed 4 mice and ended up with nothing :'(..

i've done 3 PS/2 mice and 1 USB mouse.. but all i did was using martijnthe tutorial on mouse interfacing. and now i found this thread that do some different approach.. so i need some hint to do it right..

thank you..