LINKING EXCEL WITH ARDUINO

Hi,

I`m tinkering with Excel to achieve the communication with Arduino.
I´m using NETComm ( http://home.comcast.net/~hardandsoftware/NETCommOCX.htm). It is like MSComm32.
It works good, if anyone want to use... :wink:

I have a doubt: Every time I open the port, the Arduino board reset. I imagine that it is consequence for the DTR pin, but if I change to leave it in false, the board jams. Any idea?

/me

Here, a simple example: Linking Excel with Arduino - YouTube

:wink:

Hi Igor, seems interesting : are you using only Excel and its VBA or do you have also a complete flavour of VB installed on your computer ?

Hi,

I´ve used only Excel with VBA and the free NETComm ActiveX Control.
Now, in the video seems like a little delay between the movement of the poti and the graph.But it was because the update frecuency was too high (500 ms). Now is 200 ms and it´s perfect!! :wink:

Regards,

Igor R.

Hey,

I am trying to do something very similar to what it looks like you have done from that youtube video, but since I am not as familiar with VBA as I should be to actually get a project like this done, I am stuck. I am not sure how you interface with the NETComm ActiveX Control and thus successfully import values from the serial port and my Arduino.

I successfully inputted values though a csv file created in processing, but would rather have excel input directly from the serial port for the real time graphing and saved formatting and such.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi,

You can follow this link:

Sorry, it's in spanish, but maybe with the excel(you can download) plus google traductor helps you....

:wink:

GoBetwino can send data from Arduino into Excell sheets.

That is extremely helpful. Thanks!

I am trying to add the object (NetComm) inside of Excel file to do what Igor did. How can i do that?

Hi!

You have to search this toolbar (View/Toolbars/Control toolbox):

or

(depends on your excel version,but it´s the same icon).

Click on the last icon (More controls...) and find NETCommOCX.NETComm.

Regards,

Igor R.

You are the master... works.... thanks a lot...

Igor R - regarding the board reseting, you probably need to disable the auto-reset function on the board (or buy a board that has a jumper to do so). I don't know how to do it off hand, but if you search around the forums, you can find mention of how to do it.

Ultimately, it might be a better deal to just purchase a board with the jumper (I think Seeedstudio's offerings have such a jumper); if you do attempt it yourself, you might want to try to make a jumper for it yourself (or a small switch), because when you disable it, you have to do the "old-school" time-it-just-right hitting of the reset switch when you upload...

Hope this helps.

:slight_smile:

Yes, thank you. This post is quite old. :wink:

Regards,

Igor R.