Logic level mosfet

Hi Everybody

Looking for logic level (5v) n-channel mosfet in sot23 package.

Can somebody please recommend some product? preferably 500mA.

Thanks a lot

I bought a stack of these: IRLML0030. The criterion I used was just that they were stocked by my favorite E-Bay retailer. Maybe these suit you.

It`s saying maximum gate source 20V will saturate a 5V?

mOskit:
It`s saying maximum gate source 20V will saturate a 5V?

Please explain what you just said, it makes no sense.

Look at Rds (ON): 40 milliohms at 4.5volt. That is not bad.

Please explain what you just said, it makes no sense.

Sorry i just read that and you are right.

So after checking on the RS website it states "Maximum Gate Source Voltage -20V +20V"

So i was really wanted to ask whether at 5V this fet will switch fully ON

If it for something other than a general purpose low voltage switching application, say what you want to do with it and maybe you get other suggestions.

Edit
At 4.5 volts (gs) it is, for most practical purposes, fully on. At 10 volts (gs) the resistance drops to 27 milliohms

So i was really wanted to ask whether at 5V this fet will switch fully ON

Well given reply#4 I would say if not fully but good enough for most things.

Maximum gate voltage doesn't say much if anything about what voltage it's open. Look for the VGS(TH) value. This should be <3V to switch well at 5V. 1-2V is great.

Do check the data sheet of each individual one carefully! If it's a proper logic level one, they'll list the on resistance for 4.5V at the top of the data sheet. If you don't see this, it's probably not a suitable logic level one. A value of 40 mOhm as mentioned above is a good value.

There are many such MOSFETs out there, also quite a few that switch good at 3.3V. Using them myself. Will have to look up the numbers... or of course you can just do a search on digikey.com

Thank you very much guys for all the answers. I`m not planning to run great loads however the actual purpose is unknown yet. It could be some led lights, or maybe some actuators. Max 14.4V but load unknown.

In regards to search, a lot of them are not listed as "logic level" hence my question, however i learned something new today.

Thanks

These I have used myself:
IRLML2502
PMV16XN
I've used both with 3.3V gate voltage, switching 12V lines, current up to about 4A. The first should be happy switching about 7A, the second can do a little more. See spec sheets for details.

Then there's the IRLML6401 p-channel. Should be happy with -3.3V VGS, haven't put them to the test yet.

FDS9934C, a dual p/n MOSFET in a single package, is another option. Two of these can create a H-bridge.