Low Voltage Alternative for 8 Channel Source Driver w/ overcurrent protection?

Hi,

I found this UDN2987 IC

• 4.75 to 35 V driver supply voltage

I would like to know if anyone knows an alternative with a working voltage between 3V and 4.5V (18650 battery).

I really liked this idea of integrated current protection.

(It would be interesting if the manufacturer also made a ULN2004 / 2804 with this protection.)

Thanks.

What are you trying to power with it?

I designed a little RC aircraft lighting system based on the ULN2803, that has no overcurrent protection. I added a polyfuse (self resetting fuse), that you can see in the lower left corner. Maybe this works for your application.

You might start by telling us what your application is and what the load requirements are including
the mAh rating of your battery (not all 18650s are the same). We also need to know what you wiuld connect the outputs to.

MarkT:
What are you trying to power with it?

They are DS18B20 sensors. The idea is to protect against accidental short circuits.

hmeijdam:
I designed a little RC aircraft lighting system based on the ULN2803, that has no overcurrent protection. I added a polyfuse (self resetting fuse), that you can see in the lower left corner. Maybe this works for your application.

Thanks, Yes, I know PPTC, but the service life is short (100x).

I decided to use a common resistor. Thanks.

rtek1000:
I decided to use a common resistor. Thanks.

And that helps how?

Apparently (since it is currently unkown) OP did not read DS18B20 datasheet before posting and just found out they can be bussed but need a common pullup on the data line.I have no idea why he asked about the 8-channel source driver because that won't work for high current RC loads so I don't see the connection to DS18B20's. I can see the application for sensing ESC temp but if the ESC frys you see it lose power or catch fire . You don't need a temp sensor to tell you your aircraft is trailing black smoke or just burst into flames. Just not
seeing where the source driver fits in. Any ideas?