Machine Learning on Arduino?

I'm pursuing to make a smart game mat that can detect if you are running, walking leftward or rightward if you jump etc.

As a prototype, I'm planning to use 4, 4x4 keypad interfaced through an i2c port expander (PCF8574). So the input that I get in from the keypads will be in the form of a binary number.

As an example in one single keypad if the middle two buttons are pressed then the reading would be 0000000110000000. Similarly, for the prototype, I wish to use 4 keypads.

With the help of some sort of Machine Learning tool, I want to be able to decipher the binary string into what action might have taken place (actions like running, walking leftward or rightward if you jump etc. ).
I'm totally new to the field of ML ( Machine Learning ), I want to know if it is feasible to do this way either by Arduino itself (or maybe a stm32f103) or from an external computer. If it is feasible can someone point me to how I can go about doing that? (Some tutorials or any documentation)

Hi,
ML? Do you mean machine language, if so you don't need to do that with Arduino, its IDE uses C++ and some machine language code.

C++ can decipher the input binary code.

What output "action" do you want?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile:

What is ML? Motorised lawnmower? Magnetic levitation? We may need a bit more of a hint than just ML.

Steve

slipstick:
What is ML? Motorised lawnmower? Magnetic levitation? We may need a bit more of a hint than just ML.

Steve

TomGeorge:
Hi,
ML? Do you mean machine language, if so you don't need to do that with Arduino, its IDE uses C++ and some machine language code.

C++ can decipher the input binary code.

What output "action" do you want?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile:

Updated the post please have another look at it.

Hi,
Sorry but I think you are in the wrong forum, if you want to know about "Machine Learning" you would be best to google it and see what is available.

Can you tell us your programming and hardware experience please.

If you look at the specifications of the controllers used here, I think they may fall well short of what you are looking for.
I understand Machine Learning is a particularly involved and complex process.

Tom.... :slight_smile:

Outstanding on line (and free) text book on machine learning using neural networks at Neural networks and deep learning