MAX485 Module RO pin is not working other then pin 10 or 11 on Arduino mega

Hi to everyone,
What I want to do, in the simplest way is as ,
I have multiple arduinos mega joined with MAX485 module in serial.
I have joined Arduino + MAX485 + other parts needed on a single pcb.
On every arduino there is a led connected to pin 12 .
I am sending via serial port “002R011H” or “002R011L” data using RS485 protocol from my computer.
When the Max485 module connected to Arduino mega 2560 receives data, if it is “002R011H” , the led connected to pin 12 turns on.
If the data received is “002R011L“ the led connected to pin 12 turns off.
This works fine with the following sketch.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>     // Using software serial library

#define SerialRX        10      // Serial Receive pin  (RO)  (A1 10 55) Is working only on 10 or 11 pins .
                                //  But I want to use it on A1   and don't work
#define SerialTX        A0      // Serial Transmit pin (DI)  (A0 or 11 or 54)
#define SerialTxControl A2      // RS485 Direction control  //(DE & RE) pin to pin A2 or 9 or 56
#define RS485Transmit   HIGH    // to open direction of MAX485 module
#define RS485Receive    LOW     // to close direction of MAX485 module
SoftwareSerial RS485Serial(SerialRX, SerialTX); // RS485 connection parameters

// Starting Declaration of Leds names and pins

const int ledR011  = 12  ;     // the number of the LED pin

// Finish Declaration of Leds pins

void setup() 
{
 pinMode(SerialTxControl, OUTPUT);           // SSerialTxControl as output
 pinMode(SerialRX,INPUT) ;                   // SerialRX as input

// Starting   PinMode state

pinMode(ledR011, OUTPUT);                   // ledR011 as output

}

void loop() 
{

digitalWrite(SerialTxControl, RS485Receive);  // RS485 SerialTxControl is in receive mode
RS485Serial.begin(9600);                      // RS485Serial start in 9600 baudrate 
Serial.begin(9600);                           // Serial start in 9600 baudrate
String x = "";                                // String x is the incoming data and is reseted to begin

if (RS485Serial.available())                  // Controlling if RS485Serial is available
      {
    x = RS485Serial.readString();             //incoming data is equal to string x
    RS485Serial.flush();                      //waiting to receive all incoming data
    RS485Serial.setTimeout(25);               // waiting a while before going to next step
      }
if ( x == "002R011H" )                        // If incoming data is equal to 002R011H
      {                                     
          digitalWrite(ledR011 , HIGH);       // ledR011 is on 
      }
if ( x == "002R011L" )                        // If incoming data is equal to 002R011H
      {                      
          digitalWrite(ledR011 , LOW);       // ledR011 is off          
      }
}

However, if I try to use the SerialRX (RO) connection with a pin other than pins 10 or 11, is not working.
Normally I can use pins 10 or 11, but using pin A1 is more suitable for my pcb design.
Am I missing something for use the pin A1, or should I use pins 10 or 11 to use the MAX485 module ?
Thanks in advance.

MAX485.png

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>     // Using software serial library

Using SoftwareSerial on an Arduino Mega2560 is quite stupid. That board has 4 (in words: four) hardware serial interfaces, so there is no need to use a rather crippled software emulation.

However, if I try to use the SerialRX (RO) connection with a pin other than pins 10 or 11, is not working.
Normally I can use pins 10 or 11, but using pin A1 is more suitable for my pcb design.

You can use any digital IO that supports pin change interrupts (if you us a more or less current IDE version) for the SoftwareSerial read pin. On the Mega2560 the A1 pin doesn’t support pin change interrupts so it cannot be used.