MEGA2560 DRIVER

I did a small amount of research before buying the MEGA2560 Controller Board in a kit [UA003]
I put the disk that came with it into my LapTop thinking it would have all the software and drivers to control said board.
Boy was I WRONG it had PDF files on the UNO control board, the MEGA2560 replaces the old board.
So, I read through all the BS, that was on the disk and found this web site.
I thought great now I can find the driver and get started learning about electronics, WRONG AGAIN...
I have spent the past 3 hours searching through this OUTDATED site to find the DRIVER for the MEGA 2560 with NO LUCK AT ALL...

WHERE IS THE FRICKING Windows 10 DRIVER FOR THE MEGA2560????????

Ken

PS Why do you release a new control board and NOT send the right install disk????

DIDN'T WORK...

This is NOT for windows 10 only goes to windows 7, that's IT...

Ken

Would really love it if someone would just, maybe put the link to the MEGA2560 driver on the software page where it belongs... And while your at it post here to so we as end users whom spend over $100.00 on kits can use the dang thing...

Thank you

Admin. PLEASE, put the link for the MEGA2560 on this page for all to see and use...

Please make sure link is to a page that is in ENGLISH, so the rest of the world can use it...

Thank you

Ken

TuriusUSA:
I did a small amount of research before buying the MEGA2560 Controller Board in a kit [UA003]
I put the disk that came with it into my LapTop thinking it would have all the software and drivers to control said board.
Boy was I WRONG it had PDF files on the UNO control board, the MEGA2560 replaces the old board.
So, I read through all the BS, that was on the disk and found this web site.
I thought great now I can find the driver and get started learning about electronics, WRONG AGAIN...
I have spent the past 3 hours searching through this OUTDATED site to find the DRIVER for the MEGA 2560 with NO LUCK AT ALL...

WHERE IS THE FRICKING Windows 10 DRIVER FOR THE MEGA2560????????

Ken

PS Why do you release a new control board and NOT send the right install disk????

A search indicates you bought this kit:

First of all, you should know this is not an official Arduino product. This is a Chinese clone of the official Arduino Mega 2560. So there's no point in coming here with this bad attitude. If you want to yell at someone then go talk to the seller of the kit.

That's not to say we can't help you, but you're going to need to calm down.

The first thing we need to know is which USB to serial chip is on your Mega 2560 clone board. The picture on the Amazon listing shows an ATmega16U2 but I'm not certain that's the kit you have or whether the picture is accurate. The USB-serial chip is the black chip nearest the USB socket on the board. It will have writing on top that indicates which model it is. The most common are the ATmega16U2 and the CH340. Other possibilities are CP2102 and PL2303.

DON'T CROSS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE REPORTED THIS THREAD TO THE MODERATORS

I don’t know what you mean by cross post as I don’t do this stuff very often. But if you mean; after downloading the drivers that people post [as working with windows 10] finding they DON’T work and telling others about this…
Then yes, yes I did do that…

I spent good money on all these electronics to learn and teach my 10 yr old… I spend many hours trying to install all the drivers others are posting here and other places…

Forgive me if I am a bit pissed off that those selling this stuff didn’t put a current install disk with the products instead giving a UNO RV3 install disk…

And then when I go to look for said driver, instead of Putting in the SUBJECT LINE:
DRIVER FOR MEGA2560 so it will be easy for the next person whom bought that product in GOOD faith only to be given this type of BS…

Yep I think I need a break from this BS…

Later
Ken

TuriusUSA:
I don't know what you mean by cross post...

It means posting what is essentially the same thing in multiple locations on this forum.

I will now be spending about 10 minutes of my life cleaning up your mess. If you do it again you will be banned.

TuriusUSA’s image:
776f2f5b48dc03803de65cff87e0cceb44e2d98b.jpg

WOW, I didn't know that there are so many cheap knock offs to this stuff...

Sorry for my frustration, new to all this stuff... I was searching for a really good updated and complete electronics kit to learn from but didn't find any one set on amazon so I bought 4-5 of them...
yes, It's the Uniroi Kit and I haven't a clue which USB it is I can't see any makings but am including a photo of the board...

If you know of a Windows 10 driver that would work for this board "I would REALLY appreciate it if you posted it here and on the "Driver for the MEGA2560 subject header...

Thank you
Ken

Post screenshot from Device Manager and, if present, detailed information about the device, mainly Hardware ID

(deleted)