As some of you might already have discovered, the ATmega64 and ATmega128 can be bought for less than a dollar at eBay or Aliexpress. Too bad they’re not supported by Arduino IDE, right?
That’s why I’ve created MegaCore - an Arduino hardware package for a handful 64 and 100 pin AVR microcontrollers! It started out as an hardware package for ATmega64 and ATmega128, but have grown to become a package that includes several other microcontrollers.
Now that support for the ATmega640/1280/2560 is added, you can use MegaCore with your Arduino Mega or Arduino Mega 2560. All you have to do is replace the bootloader, and you’re ready to go! There’s also an alternative pinout for these microcontrollers - AVR pinout. This pinout matches the original “AVR pinout” much better, and let’s you use all 86 IO pins.
Supported clock frequencies:
- 20 MHz external oscillator
- 18.432 MHz external oscillator
- 16 MHz external oscillator
- 12 MHz external oscillator
- 8 MHz external oscillator
- 8 MHz internal oscillator
- 1 MHz internal oscillator
- Optiboot with flash write functionality
- Selectable BOD option
- AVR register keywords highlighting in the IDE
- Boards manager URL for easy installation
Download links, pinout diagrams, boards manager URL, installation instructions and more is available at Github:
GitHub - MCUdude/MegaCore: Arduino hardware package for ATmega64, ATmega128, ATmega640, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega2560, ATmega2561, AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64 and AT90CAN128