Menu for I2C LCD?

Ok so, I have literally tried all of the menu libraries on here...I think I am doing something wrong because not one except menubackend has worked. Here's my problem...I don't know how to get menu backend to be in an I2C LCD instead of serial. I also can't figure out how you set up the menu with that library. What I need is pretty simple I think. I need the LCD to be displaying a frequency value (it will be outputting varying frequencies from one of the pins), an operating mode (External Trigger, Internal Trigger, or Single Pulse). Then, I have a rotary encoder with pushbutton...I want it so that when the pushbutton is pressed, it enters the menu where the user can change the frequency and mode. I need to be able to set the pulse width and such of the output. This is for the user interface of a custom laser system I am designing.

I am pretty new to Arduino, but this is a time critical project and is sort of forcing me to learn fast.

If you want prompt help I suggest giving more detail.

I have literally tried all of the menu libraries on here …

Links? There is so much stuff on this site, we would have to guess from that statement.

… not one except menubackend has worked …

“Worked” as in compiled OK, or actually did something?

Unless you want people to do your project for you, you need to post what you have (eg. schematic) what code you are currently using, and describe what it is doing, compared to what you expect it to do.

How to use this forum

Worked as in compiled without errors and I think it is doing what it is supposed to.

Right now I am trying to understand the example that comes with MenuBackend and how to get it to display that on the LCD. From there I think I can figure it out....I just can't figure out how it works.

joslee:
Worked as in compiled without errors and I think it is doing what it is supposed to.

Right now I am trying to understand the example that comes with MenuBackend and how to get it to display that on the LCD. From there I think I can figure it out…I just can’t figure out how it works.

Have a look at the menuing stuff from LIUDR - it is well supported - modular and he is a forum regular who provides great support.

Craig

Is that the MENWIZ library? I have tried it and it returned multiple errors. Do you think I should try and pursue fixing those errors and using that library for my project or do you think I should try to get the menu library I was trying to use (menubackend) to work with an lcd...i.e which do you think would be easier?

Thanks

joslee:
Is that the MENWIZ library? I have tried it and it returned multiple errors. Do you think I should try and pursue fixing those errors and using that library for my project or do you think I should try to get the menu library I was trying to use (menubackend) to work with an lcd...i.e which do you think would be easier?

Thanks

Nope this one

Definitely use this and work through the issues as it is well supported and it just works !

Craig