I am new to lora, not to Arduino. Trying to set up communication between a MKR WAN 1310 (mkrwan library) and an Arduino Wisgate Pro Gateway (firmware WisGateOS_2.1.4_ARDUINO). Side issue, I can only get the 1310 to connect to the gateway in public mode.
I built a test using the LoraSendandReceive example, I am trying to send dht22 data along with one analog reading to the gateway. The 1310 is connecting via OTAA and the gateway is running the onboard MQTT broker. Both the 1310 and the gateway are in the same room. The test ran about 100 message transmissions at different intervals, 10-40 seconds between messages. The faster I try to send, the fewer messages get through, see table below.
Interval Successful
10 sec 62% <-- zero success after 108 attempts
20 85%
30 93%
40 98%
I know lora is "slow" but this seems strange to me, what am I missing? Is there a way to have a higher success rate with a lower time interval?