Micro Soft Visual 2017 doesn't recognize unit32_t or unit8_t

I recently updated Micro Soft Visual Studio 2017 and updated various libraries. Now previously working code no longer works. For example, a simple "delay(10);" statement in the main loop fails because: void delay(uint32_t); the unit32_t isn't recognized. My reading indicates the library that contains the definition of unit32_t should have automatically been included. I also tried adding #include <stdint.h> but this library isn't located. I also tried adding #include "Arduino.h" ... this didn't help. I don't know how to fix this. Please help.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#include <stdint.h>
#include "Arduino.h"

void setup() {

}

// the loop function runs over and over again until power down or reset
void loop() {

delay(100);

}

Any errors generated?

No errors are generated when I compile but intellisense flags the delay as an error.

Can you define new types (with your prefered names) based on the Microsoft types ?

from Google.....
C++ allows the definition of our own types based on other existing data types. We can do this using the keyword typedef, whose format is: typedef existing_type new_type_name ; where existing_type is a C++ fundamental or compound type and new_type_name is the name for the new type we are defining.

I don’t understand. How do you use Microsoft visual studio to compile arduino code?

I've been using Visual Studio for years to work on and compile Arduino code. However, I recently had to switch from the 2017 version to the 2022 version because the intellisense seems to have broken on the 2017 version. I'm sure you can find how to install it and link to Arduino, on the web.

I've heard for "Visual Micro for Microsoft VS", but I was under the impression that it was based on the "community edition" rather than the full suite.

If that's what you're using, did you update the Visual Micro plugin as well?

Check out:

That is "Visual Micro". I can't imagine why they decided to use a different name in the Visual Studio Marketplace.