MIDIUSB Rotary encoder with Arduino Micro

Hello.
I want to use a potmeter to send midi signals to my DAW. I have compiled and uploaded the 7 Button w fader project and that worked fine using. What I do not understand is how I send midi control messages from a Potmeter. Hope someone can help me with the code.

Thanks

Jaqwar, welcome to the forum, but you say:

I want to use a potmeter

When your post title suggests you wish to use a rotary encoder.
What is a potmeter, I have never seen such a thing in 40 years of electronics.

I have compiled and uploaded the 7 Button w fader project

Nice, but remember to provide links, otherwise it is all meaningless and causes brain overload for those trying to guess.

and that worked fine using

, yes, using what ?

What I do not understand is how I send midi control messages from a Potmeter

Well, once you define what a potmeter is, you might get some help, though, the code for sending MIDI (not midi) control messages has not a lot to do with the input, which in your case I am guessing might be a rotary encoder and maybe also with press button. They are two separate functions, one to read and decode the present value of the rotary encoder position, and another function to format up a MIDI control message.

I suggest you search online about MIDI control message format first.

You do not say what hardware you are using, a UNO, a Mega or something else altogether, be concise and be specific or we will all be playing a guessing game.

Paul - VK7KPA

Thanks for caring.

I use the Arduino Micro(in the title)
And I use the MIDIUSB library. The 7 button project is used as an example project with that library.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/MIDIUSB

Potmeter= potentiometer