Migrating from a mega 2560 to a teensy 3

Hi,

Has anyone migrated a project from a Arduino Mega 2560 to a teensy3 ? (Teensy 3.2 & 3.1: New Features)

My current project is based around a Mega 2560, it uses 3 serial ports, a GSM module, several I2C devices, an LCD, a GPS an SD card and several hardware interrupts. I'm considering migrating to a teensy to save physical space and gain RAM memory (8 to 64k).

Has anyone done anything similar, and if so can they advise on what difficulties I may experience? The spec seems to indicate the teensy has all the functionality I require, but it would be good if someone could advise on how easy/hard it might be? I don't mind doing a few code tweaks, but I don't want to have to re-write from scratch! I'm aware that a teensy is not an arduino device and am a bit concerned about moving to something that I may not be able to get the same support for.

Thanks

Teensy 3.1 is 3v3 logic level and 5V tolerant. I don’t know how many serial and I2C ports does it have but besides this I don’t see any limitation.

Else you could try Tiva C launchpad (32K RAM, 80Mhz, 256kb flash, 3x SPI/SSI, 4x I2c, 8x UART) for 13 usd.

Edit: link to tiva C launchpad http://www.ti.com/ww/en/launchpad/launchpads-connected.html#tabs

mart256:
Else you could try Tiva C launchpad (32K RAM, 80Mhz, 256kb flash, 3x SPI/SSI, 4x I2c, 8x UART) for 13 usd.

I haven’t seen that before. Is it new? Looks like it might be serious competition for Arduino - or is it software compatible?

…R

The teensy appears (claims) to be arduino compatible, but the Texas Instruments 'launchpad' board looks like it's very different and appears to use its own IDE.

Texas launchpads do have 2 years more or less on the market. They do have their own IDE (code composer studio), BUT there is an alternative ide called Energia, which is arduino compatible (it's arduino ide on red version).