Missing Serial Port w/Drivers Installed

Hi All -

I was debugging a standard “avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding”. I still don’t know what was causing this issue. But, in the process of figuring it out, the serial port was at very least, showing. Then, it seemingly disappeared from the Arduino IDE ports list. I don’t know what happened.*

Steps leading up to issue:

• Installed (again) both the VCP and D2XX drivers appropriate for my OS from FTDI’s website.
  • Further, also installed the D2xx Helper, also from same link on FTDI website.
  • followed advice from this thread (Port detection doesn't work on macOS Catalina · Issue #60 · arduino/arduino-pro-ide · GitHub) to install specific snapshot build of the IDE . (I don’t know why I followed this advice, got the link from a friend, at this time I still could access the proper ports through the IDE, think I may have been brain dead at this point honestly).

When I went to system preferences to allow the snapshot build install permission, I was also prompted something brief about software from an FTDI developer. Jumping that this may be the fix for my uploading issue, I quickly hit allow. I then restarted my computer.

Following all this, the serial port no longer shows under Ports in Arduino IDE. It does show in system report, just not the IDE .

I’ve already tried:

• Restarting Computer
  • Using different USB cord
  • Fully uninstalling and reinstalling IDE
  • Checked if port showed on different computer (port shows in IDE on other system running mac OS 10.15)
  • Unloading & loading AppleUSBFTDI.kext

Other info that may be relevant:

Please please help

IDE_Ports.png

zz_2m1463.jpg