MKRGSM, AruinoSIM & Arduino Cloud

Dear all,

I would appreciate any help in trouble shooting the following problem:
I cant get my MKR GSM 1400 connected to the Arduino IoT Cloud.
I followed every step of this guide, but I cant get it online.
The Arduino SIM is activated and I am using an Antenna from the Arduino store.

I was wondering if the power supply could be the issue:

I connected my Arduino MRK GSM 1400 to an Arduino MKR Connector Carrier (Grove compatible).
In turn a car battery (12V 44Ah) is connected to screw terminal of the connector carrier. This power supply works for blink sketches and more.

I read that the GSM connection could easily reach a 2A peak, but I have the impression that the buket converter of the connector carrier could supply these.

What is your opinion on this? If not the power supply is the issue do you have any tips to further trouble shoot the problem?

Best regards,

Christoph

For further trouble shooting I followed this guide.. I passed the "TestModem Sketch" & the "BandManagement sketch", but the "ScanNetworks sketch" fails (i.e. no info on serial port). My understanding is that this is the first sketch that requires more power.

I am thinking about connecting a Small Step-Down Converte to the car battery and the battery connector of the MKR GSM 1400, while keeping the car battery also connected to screw terminal of the connector carrier.

It works! Connecting the small step-down converter to the battery connector while keeping the car battery also connected to screw terminal of the connector carrier was the solution.

Lessons learned: The power supply of the connector carrier alone does not suffice to use GSM functionality.