Morse code led.

If you make led13 blink fast and wave the board you can see POV dots.

Soooo, a board with accelerometer or 2 tilt switches could "know" when it's being waved back and forth and blink out one letter every time the direction changes.

Just dreaming.

Put the LED on a motorised clockwise rotating disk and every time it gets to 9 o'clock blink out a word. That way you'll have an almost constant speed of movement. (With thanks to John Logie Baird).

Henry

Yes it would but it would need a motor spinning rapidly and who can speed read Morse code words at 1 rev each?

When it's the time or a spelled message on a bicycle wheel, the same text repeats for seconds and there are many leds in the wand.

I was thinking more of classroom level and students picking up a bit of Morse code and about signalling. I'd rather see limited hardware used in a quick limited way. When I can see the person I'm showing to, I can see when they're ready for the next one --- been there done that but with flags to get a Scout rank requirement done.

Hi,
I like the idea, definitely a COVID-19 locked up project.

You could mount it on an arm like a metronome.

Tom... :slight_smile:

I really LIKE the spinning POV displays! It's just that I had a simple idea for a saw even knowing that a chainsaw is more progressive.

A metronome or pendulum or just a string that can swing or spin though that pushes for accelerometer and harder code.