Motorised DSLR Slider

Hi ho!

This is my very first Arduino project so please go easy on me :)

It's a camera slider with a stepper motor and it is controlled with an Android app through Bluetooth.

It includes: + Arduino duemilanove + NEMA 17 stepper motor + L298N motor controller + Adafruit Accupack + HC05 Bluetooth module + Makerslide rail and carriage (and nuts and bits and wheels and stuff)

|500x333

Right now the Arduino is powered from the Accupack and the L298N gets 12v from an external power supply. I wanted to build it as mobile as possible so I mounted everything on the carriage, leaving the most possible space for the camera.

|500x333

The L298N is mounted on the outside of the clear case because although it fits inside the case it was incredibly tight and I was afraid it will melt everything to a soup in there.

|500x333

I still have to get a battery to be able to get rid of the wall plug and make the slider really awesome.

|500x333

The construction is pretty solid so far and the results are also satisfactory. I have to work on gradually speeding up the motor to avoid the jerk when it starts to move.

[quote author=Ivan B. date=1442767163 link=msg=2404483] I have to work on gradually speeding up the motor to avoid the jerk when it starts to move. [/quote]

You should look into a ready made acceleration program like AccelStepper http://www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/AccelStepper/

It's super easy to use and works great on my slider!

Can you share with us the details (circuit, code, etc…)? I want to build the same project, but i dont have the Knowledge for that.