Mouse Laser sensor connected to arduino

Hi,

I have two optical sensor for mice one is from a usb mouse, ADNS-5700 and the other is from a ps/2 mouse, not sure which one it is but the numbers on the sensor are as follows from top row to bottom,

0M02
0552W
BCE5CV1

I was wondering if i could hook the sensor up to the arduino and add some buttins and a scroll wheel to use as a mouse. I can find how to connect adns-9800 but can't for mine. Is this possible or must I look for that specific sensor thanks.

Andaroid:
I was wondering if I could hook the sensor up to the Arduino and add some buttons and a scroll wheel to use as a mouse.

You must be joking!

Here's an alternate project for you.

Paul__B:
You must be joking!

Here's an alternate project for you.

Honestly if I wanted to do that I would have searched that. I can and have made a bare bones arduino before which is what it would have been connected to. Sorry if you think it's stupid to enjoy making things yourself and not buying them

There are probably more productive things that you could do. I have just received a supply of ATmega328s to play around with "bare bones" Arduinos myself.

I objected you your description "one is from a USB mouse ... and the other is from a PS/2 mouse". Taking them out of a working(?) mouse and re-constructing another does seem rather perverse, to say nothing of the matter of re-constructing a scroll wheel (using presumably, a rather larger rotary encoder).

The value of a perfectly functional (optical) mouse to me is no more than $1 at a garage sale, half that with luck. I have even accumulated PS/2 mice - otherwise very "retro" - with a view to interfacing with Arduinos. Mind you, if your (business-grade) PC actually has a PS/2 port, as mine do, you might as well use that and save USB ports. "Male" (ball) mice are however, firmly a thing of the past.

You would want to use a (Leonardo) Pro Micro for its USB HID functionality.

So, how did you get on with that washing machine motor? :grinning: