Movement sensor

hi, anyone can tell me what kind of sensor that i can use for sensing movement? i need few analog sensor that can sense walking, running, jumping, hand movement(glidding). can u show me possible sensor that i can use for that movement and can work with arduino?
thanks

Maybe you could use overlapping Distance sensors (ultrasonic?) and calculate the movement of an obstacle and obtain your data that way.

perhaps you could use a 3 axis accelerometer? you'd have to calculate what g forces correlate to walking or running. or do you needs this to be watching someone, rather that on them?

Do you want to mount the sensor(s) on the moving person or in the environment? How much accuracy do you require? How fast do you need to take readings?

Best is with several IR beams criss crossing the space. Then you can deduce movement and speed from the breaking pattern.
However, is this for a single person or are there going to be multiple people? Perhaps the most flexible is a web cam and a language like jitter but that doesn't use the Arduino as it is not fast enough or big enough for image processing.