I got tired quickly of needing 3+ mechanical kitchen timers that either didn’t keep proper time or just downright failed when you so much as looked at them. This is the result.
- 3 adjustable timers, two with up to 60, one with up to 99 minutes
- 2 preset tea timers for my girlfriend and me that set the time to 3 and 8 minutes respectively, independant of the main timers, rings around the buttons light up while the timers are running
- Alarm tones are MP3 files played by a DFPlayer Mini
- PAM8403 amplifier is used to ensure enough volume (turned on and off only when MP3 is actively playing)
- Running an Arduino Nano and an Arduino Pro Mini, since I ran out of I/O pins.
- Pro Mini running the tea timers and timer #3 sends the MP3 number to play to the Nano via I2c
- Currently waiting for an audio bluetooth transmitter that will enable multi-room alarms with a basic bluetooth speaker
Note that I don’t have a diagram or anything since the project kind of kept growing.
Also note that I can’t really code, so peek at the code at your own risk.