Multiple alarms using a phone to arduino

Hello. I am working on an multiple alarm on an arduino. I have seen multiple alarms using arduino but the alarm is set using push buttons and it needs an lcd. My goal is to set the alarm/s on my phone then the arduino will alarm like a buzz sound and an led will turn on without using any lcd or push buttons to set the alarm. I am wondering how to do this. Also after this. How to make the alarm talk instead just a buzz sound. Thank you so much in advance.

Either a GSM shield - or a WiFi shield would be necessary.

Allan

For the WiFi get an ESP8266 based system, like the WeMOS or NodeMCU. No need for additional Arduino. Connects to your home WiFi network, that way you can access it from your phone (it's got a web server built in).

For your sounds: get an MP3 board, and either micro-SD or if smaller sounds (less than 100-200 MB) and using the ESP chip you may be able to store it on the on-board flash as well.

wvmarle:
For the WiFi get an ESP8266 based system, like the WeMOS or NodeMCU. No need for additional Arduino. Connects to your home WiFi network, that way you can access it from your phone (it's got a web server built in).

For your sounds: get an MP3 board, and either micro-SD or if smaller sounds (less than 100-200 MB) and using the ESP chip you may be able to store it on the on-board flash as well.

Thank you for the reply. For you what would be easier to do? Gsm based or wifi based?

I'd go for WiFi. If only because you don't have to worry about an extra mobile data account, or (what I've read in other posts on this forum) running into licensing issues: mobile bands are highly regulated, you can't connect just anything to it, like you can with WiFi.

wvmarle:
I'd go for WiFi. If only because you don't have to worry about an extra mobile data account, or (what I've read in other posts on this forum) running into licensing issues: mobile bands are highly regulated, you can't connect just anything to it, like you can with WiFi.

How do I do this with an existing arduino? I need to buy esp8266 module then connect it to arduino? How do I make the main project? Sorry I am just a beginner on arduino. I am making this for a school project. I am so grateful for your replies.

You can connect an ESP8266 as WiFi adapter to the Arduino (you can find heaps of tutorials through a quick Google search). You can also use the ESP8266 standalone, it's a pretty powerful microprocessor in its own right. That's why I suggested the NodeMCU or WeMOS (use Google for detailed descriptions of their capabilities). Those can be programmed directly from the Arduino GUI, just install the appropriate extensions (again, Google is your friend in this). Using just that one makes your project simpler, instead of using an Arduino and linking the ESP8266 board to it. Two things to program and intercommunication to worry about.

wvmarle:
You can connect an ESP8266 as WiFi adapter to the Arduino (you can find heaps of tutorials through a quick Google search). You can also use the ESP8266 standalone, it's a pretty powerful microprocessor in its own right. That's why I suggested the NodeMCU or WeMOS (use Google for detailed descriptions of their capabilities). Those can be programmed directly from the Arduino GUI, just install the appropriate extensions (again, Google is your friend in this). Using just that one makes your project simpler, instead of using an Arduino and linking the ESP8266 board to it. Two things to program and intercommunication to worry about.

I am doing something like this DIY Motion Detection SMS Alarm System - YouTube where he set the alarm from the website. Is this the finish product of what you are talking? I already searched for the weMOS. I am wondering using weMOS can I create sensors that an arduino can? Or I will need an arduino to do this? Also, can I also use bluetooth module to set the alarm? I have problems in the reliablity of the wifi speed since wifi here is so slow.

WeMOS is just a microprocessor, reads inputs just like Arduino. Just mind that most Arduinos are 5V and WeMOS is 3.3V iirc (should be as the ESP8266 operates at 3.3V). NodeMCU is for sure 3.3V.

wvmarle:
WeMOS is just a microprocessor, reads inputs just like Arduino. Just mind that most Arduinos are 5V and WeMOS is 3.3V iirc (should be as the ESP8266 operates at 3.3V). NodeMCU is for sure 3.3V.

Thank you for your reply. I will think of other projects suitable for my current level of understanding on arduino.

I am also Doing the Same shall you Send me any code related to that

I am do it on arduino uno but its very difficult to do on esp while we connected and eeprom configuration are very tough to me shall you please help me for doing mulitple alarm on esp