need advice about stepper/servo motor in Arduino

Hi, just need to know how to connect big stepper/servo motor (such as 12n.m 6a dc24)to Mega2560 R3?

lsy388:
such as 12n.m 6a dc24

For any real advice you should probably provide a link to the maker's datasheet or similar.

Thanks for reply, the motor description as following:-

Nema 34 12.5N.m Closed Loop Stepper Motor Kit Hybird Servo Driver HB860H + 86HB250-156B 86 2 Phase Stepper Motor

Packing:

1. 1*1pcs Driver HB860H

2. 1*1pcs motor 86HB250-156B

3. 1*1pcs 3M cable

Thanks for reply, the motor description as attachment:-

lsy388:
Hi, just need to know how to connect big stepper/servo motor (such as 12n.m 6a dc24)to Mega2560 R3?

The quick answer is that you do not connect motors to arduinos.
You connect motor controllers to arduinos and you connect motors to motor controllers.

You were asked for a link to the datasheet or similar. You have not provided that. Instead you copied a few lines out of the sellers description. Then you included some screen shots. That does very little for those of us who want to help you.

Can you give us a link to where you bought this?

Please provide a link to the datasheet or product page for every piece of hardware you refer to, otherwise
we have no clue what it is. A few lines of description are not enough, details always matter.

Also, when you include images please make them visible in your Post. See this Simple Image Posting Guide

...R

Sorry for inconvenience, the following are the links that i am going to purchase the Arduino boad(not going to use the ramp controller) and stepper motor details:-

https://sea-m.banggood.com/Rampas-1_4-Controller-Mega2560-R3-12864-Display-DIY-Kit-for-Arduino-CNC-3D-Printer-p-1366785.html?rmmds=account_viewed

stepper motor details:-
https://m.joybuy.com/product/652237056.html

As far as I can see the stepper motor in your link comes with a stepper motor driver so there is no need for a RAMPS board. In any case it is a large motor (Nema 34) so it is unlikely that the stepper drivers that fit on a RAMPS board would be powerful enough.

...R

Thanks for your advice Robin2, meaning that the nema 34 driver just direct connect to mega 2560 board? As i am going to make a large scale concrete 3d printer with cement extruder.

lsy388:
Thanks for your advice Robin2, meaning that the nema 34 driver just direct connect to mega 2560 board?

I thinks so, but it is an expensive motor so I'm sure the supplier will provide advice.

...R

As my project involve 6 stepper motors as previouse link, 2 stepper for y axis, 2 stepper for z axis, 1 stepper for x axis, 1 stepper for extruder. my question is how am i going to connect to mega board? Does it able to support 6 stepper motors?

lsy388:
Does it able to support 6 stepper motors?

You can easily connect 6 stepper motor drivers to a Mega - each driver needs 2 (or maybe 3) connections for a total of 12 (or 18) I/O pins. The Mega has over 50 I/O pins.

What makes you think there might be a connection problem?

Where you might run into a problem is the abilty of a 16MHz Arduino to provide enough steps per second if all the motors are moving at the same time at a high step rate.

...R

Thanks, what about 32bit arduino board? Can you provide suggestion?

lsy388:
Thanks, what about 32bit arduino board? Can you provide suggestion?

No, I have never had the need for one of them.

Be aware that those Arduinos probably work on 3.3v rather than 5v.

…R

Then i think Duet2 will more capable to handle it.

lsy388:
Then i think Duet2 will more capable to handle it.

Before spending money on a more expensive board why not calculate how many steps per second your motors will need?

...R

Thanks for advice Robin, actually i am a civil & mechanical engineer, recently i am in urgent to make a concrete 3d printer to help poor/homeless people. About electronic i'm just a newbee and nobody could provide information but only doing research via website. Could you please suggest all components that can be complied with arduino mega board in terms of type of stepper motor ect.., the building envelope is about 20'width(if possible) x 20'length x 10' high, or you could suggest me base on mega board capacity. The idea of the concrete printer as following link:-

At the moment we only could handle the printer structure and cement extruder.
I really hope to get your value advice of my urgent project. Thank you very much.

lsy388:
Could you please suggest all components that can be complied with arduino mega board in terms of type of stepper motor ect…

No I can’t. The scale of what you propose to do is completely beyond my experience.

Also, this seems a strange question when your Original Post suggests that you have already selected a suitable stepper motor.

If you are talking about pumping concrete to make a real house (and presumably a very stiff concrete mix) I imagine you would need motors with power ratings of a few kW. I don’t know whether you can get stepper motors with that power. If you can, and assuming they come with the usual step and direction drivers then an Arduino could control them.

More likely you would need AC or DC motors with rotary encoders to count the number of revolutions.

I think the best thing might be to get one motor, which you think will be suitable, and create a real-world test to prove it. With that knowledge you can take the project further.

Given your current state of knowledge this project will not be concluded quickly. I reckon 6 months of intensive learning, research and testing would not be surprising.

…R

Thanks for your valuable advice Robin, since the arduino mega board and 42 bipolar stepper motor have been sending to my place i will essembly for the first test, what i need is the marlin firmware setting for 3d printing especially how to disable the hotbed and heating nozzle and i think the cement extruder won't be operate after disable it. some said to swap the resistor to trick it into thinking its hot but i have no idea about the way to swaping.

We are using lightweight steel bar for the structure just to reduce burden of stepper motor and the cement extruder we going to add planetary Gearbox to control the flowing.