Need help finding PWM water valve

Hi guys, you are my last hope. I need to control the flow on my project pump that uses a PWM driven stepper controlling a 1" ball valve. The the problem is the current valve takes a full minute to fully open and close. Does anyone know of a faster responding "modulating water valve"? On and off will not work, it must be a variable water valve for a 1" line at 20 GPM Max and 65 PSI max.

Thanks!

The the problem is the current valve takes a full minute to fully open and close.

Why does it take so long to move a valve 90 degrees?

I suspect due to the motor size but just guessing. It is a Johnson Control valve. Honeywell makes one that take 2 minutes.

Are you happy with the current valve and its flow control ability? If it is merely a mater of speed, how fast would you like it to act? What degree of control do you want? Does it need to be linear with actuation? What is the feedback for the flow control?

A ball valve is usually fine for operation in positions which are not fully open or closed. It sounds like you may be looking for a stepper with more torque and less gearing. Can you mount a different motor to the valve stem?

Yes, the current valve would work fine if it would respond faster. The ball valve is in a water proof housing, the electronics and stepper motor are in another housing that bolts to the ball valve housing and connects buy I believed a four sided shaft. I would like to replace the entire thing rather than have to build my own housing, motor and electronics.

Can you please provide the Johnson part number and specifications for the current valve and actuator.

How do you control the current valve position? How fast do you need the replacement to turn?

How is the Arduino to be used? Is an Arduino currently being used to control the valve?

What have you and Mr. Google found so far as a possible replacement?

There's plenty of information on this website https://assuredautomation.com/actuatedballvalves/

The SM series indicates 35 seconds for the full 90 degrees. There is a linear flow version, and the modulation is 0-10v or 4-20 ma.

allen13331: Hi guys, you are my last hope. I need to control the flow on my project pump that uses a PWM driven stepper controlling a 1" ball valve. The the problem is the current valve takes a full minute to fully open and close. Does anyone know of a faster responding "modulating water valve"? On and off will not work, it must be a variable water valve for a 1" line at 20 GPM Max and 65 PSI max.

Thanks!

Try to take the valve from the washing machine! Why not!?

Washing machines use solenoid valves which are on/off only.