Need help with a project, any suggestion appreciated

Noob here. I'm building an RC car using Arduino uno and following the instructions and app I found on this Instructables page:

The problem I'm having is that the car will never run for more than a few seconds. The horn and lights always work but trying to steer in any direction only works for a few seconds before it stops. It'll work again after a minute or two but with the same result.

The only things I've done different are that I'm using a battery pack with AA batteries. And I'm using the 4 pin bluetooth module rather than the 6 pin one. Could this be issue? If not any ideas?

Also I used a cheap toy car I got in a store but I assume any should work since most places say that.

Any help greatly appreciated, I'm clueless. Thanks.

I'm trying to locate some info on "A4" batteries and Bing & Google keep coming up with AAAA batteries, which are 1.5 Volt 150 mAh. If that is what you are using the capacity is way too low for running motors. According to the link you provided the project specifies AA batteries.

Due_unto:
I'm trying to locate some info on "A4" batteries and Bing & Google keep coming up with AAAA batteries, which are 1.5 Volt 150 mAh. If that is what you are using the capacity is way too low for running motors. According to the link you provided the project specifies AA batteries.

Apologies, I meant AA. Head is a bit fried

Any thoughts?

Hi,
If you read the destructibles text you will find the op says you can use 4 x AA, but he uses 12V Li-ion battery.

Big difference in capacity.

Tom.... :slight_smile: