need help with arduino telnet client

hi everyone i am new to arduino and i know this question may be silly but pleasee help me

i am trying to connect arduino to a router as telnet client to send commands and receive the reply i have been googling for a while but i still cant understand what to do i tried the telnet client example and connected the arduino to router via ethernet but it doesnt connect ( i put the router ip is server)

what i want to do is to write a code that can do what cmd does, telnet 192.169.1.1 send user name send pasword then do send commands and receive reply

thanks

What hardware and library you use for the network communication? Which example did you try?

Give this a look:

Juraj: What hardware and library you use for the network communication? Which example did you try?

i am using ethernet shield i used telnet client example and connected the ethernet shield to the router and ran itt but keep it wont connect serial monitor says " connecting connection failed" i noticed that the ethernet led in the router is off

what should i do?

The more usual 'standard ' IP address for a router management interface is 192.168.1.1 and not 192.169.1.1 as you have written it. Could your problem be a typo?

6v6gt: The more usual 'standard ' IP address for a router management interface is 192.168.1.1 and not 192.169.1.1 as you have written it. Could your problem be a typo?

yres typo here not in the code