New to the Vidor 4000, Web IDE vs Desktop IDE

Hi,

I'm totally new to the Vidor 4000.

I have managed to install the Vidor 4000 board on my Desktop IDE V.1.8.8 and was looking for the examples I had seen on various You Tube Vids as part of the learning curve.

I have run the blink no problem.

However I seem to find that there are not as many examples on Desktop IDE as the Web IDE. Is that correct? Will I be forced to use the Amazon Web IDE?

I hate everything Amazon and frankly will have no truck with using their services when I have a choice.... So this is a total deal breaker for me. I'd rather walk away now than invest anymore time.

Liam

I think you need to use premade FPGA images for vidor if you don't want to use Web IDE.
Check if these images have features that you need.

If you want to use FPGA for your own IP then you need Quartus Prime Lite from Intel.
Only limitations for Lite version is it only have economy version of NIOS II softcore processor and smaller IP library.

If you want to really use Vidor I recommend to take free web lessons for FPGA development from Intel.

Usefull sites:
https://www.fpga4fun.com/

Hi,

Ok, thanks for those links... will definitely check them out.

Thanks

Liam

VideoLiam:
However I seem to find that there are not as many examples on Desktop IDE as the Web IDE. Is that correct? Will I be forced to use the Amazon Web IDE?

Would you mind listing some of the examples that you find in the Arduino Web Editor, but not in the desktop IDE?

One thing you need to understand about the Arduino Web Editor is that it comes with the thousands of libraries in the Arduino Library Manager pre-installed (including the VidorGraphics and VidorPeripherals libraries). With the Arduino IDE, only the small selection of libraries that are bundled with the IDE and the ones bundled with the hardware package of the currently selected board are preinstalled. You need to install any others you want via Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries or the other library installation methods.