Nextion Touch Display- More than one TFT file on SD card?

Hi! I just got a brand new Nextion Touch Screen. I have succsessfully powered it on. I made something in Nextion editor, and compiled it into a .tft file, just like I was supposed to. I put the TFT file onto my Micro SD card, (card straight out of box)

When I plugged the card into the display, the display said there was more than one TFT file on the card! I checked the card, and only found the one TFT file!

I have NO experience with this. (The Nextion technology) Can anyone help me?

-Wesley

By the way, I am running MacOSX

(I run the Nextion Editor on VirtualBox, then transfer the .tft file onto my normal OS, (MacOSX) then transfer the TFT file onto the SD card)

I am pc based, and have not had any problems with uploading the file to the display.

I used a new blank 4gb micro sd card formatted it with fat32 copied the single file from the build folder inserted into the display (powered off) on power up it detected and flashed the firmware

I would format the card and add just the single file, that way you know there will only be one on the card

hope this helps

sureview: I am pc based, and have not had any problems with uploading the file to the display.

I used a new blank 4gb micro sd card formatted it with fat32 copied the single file from the build folder inserted into the display (powered off) on power up it detected and flashed the firmware

I would format the card and add just the single file, that way you know there will only be one on the card

hope this helps

Maybe I shall try this on the Windows Laptop I have lying around. It might be better at the formatting or something.

-SQ

You should format it with the SD Card formatter: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html

CrossRoads: You should format it with the SD Card formatter: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/index.html

Tried it with your formatter... still the same error...

When using the formatter, I did not see the option anywhere to select the "Fat32" format. Simply select the card, and then press the format button. Does it format to Fat32 automatically? (I did this on my mac)

HELP!

(Ugh when I bought this screen I had no idea what I was getting into... everyone said it was SO EASY to get goin'!)

-Wesley

I think the problem is caused by the mac os adding hidden files, your should not use the SD card as your build folder, but copy the single project file to the card

I am not a mac user so can't help you much more, however the problem and a fix is discussed here

http://support.iteadstudio.com/support/discussions/topics/11000001757

i did have the same problem…

i did use power from my arduino mega (5v) but i think this to light…for loading up (with micro-sd-card) a .ttl.
so i did use my powerstation and set it to 5Volt 1A and connected the screen…what did happen?

Well, i uploaded the ‘.ttl-file’…and it did work…
Somewhere in the manual from Nextion you can read:

“power on Nextion with recommended clean power as per Datasheets”

mybe that will help…

grts

Guido

sorry.......wrong name: it must be " .tft " for loading file and not ".ttl" .

The same problem. So far:

• Put (on Mac) TFT file on fresh MicroSD card, try to upload - 'multiple tft files' error
  • re-format (on Mac, FAT) the card, put the file (on Mac) - 'multiple tft files' error
  • re-format (on WinXP, FAT32) card, put the file (on PC) - works fine
  • re-write (on Mac) the file - 'multiple tft files' error

Actually Mac sometimes puts on card system hidden file with the same name and '._' prefix. If such file exists - the error rises. If no - everything works. When I remove the file manually on PC - everything starts working.

This file I can't see on Mac and see on PC...

So they are Mac haters :)

I found that there was a ._xxxxxxxxx.tft file on my SD Card even after a format.

To fix this I used Terminal and did the following :

cd /Volumes/
ls
cd
ls -a
rm ._.tft

Worked for me!