No such file or directory, even if its there.

Hi,
There's is an interesting error I am facing! I am using TinyGPS++ library for one of my projects, the library seems to be perfectly installed and even the Arduino IDE detects it and highlights like it normally does. But once I start to compile it, the compiler throws error "no such file or directory". I tried reinstalling the library, checked the location of library file (installed in default location). I am using ESP-32 chip as reference board for my code. I even tried switching to different PC and compiling the same code again but nothing worked and same error was produced. Please let me know what can be possible solutions for this issue. The screenshot of the error has been made available in the attachment!
Thanks in advance :wink:

Please provide a detailed description of how you installed the library so I can investigate the issue with the exact same configuration you have.

pert:
Please provide a detailed description of how you installed the library so I can investigate the issue with the exact same configuration you have.

The libraries have been searched and installed directly from the “Manage Libraries” section.

Please tell me the exact name of the library you installed, as shown in Library Manager. There are thousands of libraries in the Library Manager and some of them have very similar names and use the same header file names. If I am investigating with a different library from the one you have installed, it will only be a waste of my time and not help you either.

pert:
Please tell me the exact name of the library you installed, as shown in Library Manager. There are thousands of libraries in the Library Manager and some of them have very similar names and use the same header file names. If I am investigating with a different library from the one you have installed, it will only be a waste of my time and not help you either.

Here is the reference for you!

OK! That's exactly the information I needed. I'll share the screenshot below so it's easy for any other interested parties to see.

What you have installed is the TinyGPS library. This library does not contain a header file named "TinyGPS++.h", so the error you encountered is normal and expected:

You can see that its header file is named "TinyGPS.h"

I see a library named TinyGPS++ here:

(though no guarantee that's the specific library your code was written for)
If you would like instructions for installing that library, I'm happy to provide them.

pert:
OK! That's exactly the information I needed. I'll share the screenshot below so it's easy for any other interested parties to see.

What you have installed is the TinyGPS library. This library does not contain a header file named "TinyGPS++.h", so the error you encountered is normal and expected:
TinyGPS/src at master · neosarchizo/TinyGPS · GitHub
You can see that its header file is named "TinyGPS.h"

I see a library named TinyGPS++ here:
GitHub - mikalhart/TinyGPSPlus: A new, customizable Arduino NMEA parsing library
(though no guarantee that's the specific library your code was written for)
If you would like instructions for installing that library, I'm happy to provide them.

Thanks ! Let me try this.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.