Non-invasive blood glucose IR sensor

hi everyone, would like to ask for help with interfacing this IR circuit to detect blood glucose levels non-invasively. However, im having trouble figuring out if just analog reading it will give me the glucose value or do i need a formula to convert it to glucose... and if its the latter, does anyone know the formula?

My hardware connection: ( output of circuit goes to Arduino A0 pin)

i

the code i have rn:

No, the device will not read directly as glucose level.

Did the designer of that device point to the scientific paper that shows that such a device is practical? If anyone had designed a working device they would be selling millions of them. A non-invasive glucose meter would be worth billions.

So far, nobody has designed one that works. What is the principle behind it? What does glucose circulating in the blood do to the IR optical properties of the blood?

OP probably wants to measure haemoglobin saturation (with oxygen)? For that you need two wavelengths and some clever algorithm.

No surprise there. It can't.

If you take just 30 seconds to do some on-line research, you will discover that "non-invasive blood glucose monitoring" is a hot topic, with a multi-billion $/year reward and no one has yet made anything that works reliably.

Really? I do see ppl online come up with arduino IR blood glucose monitors alrdy tho , but i dont get how did they manage to find the formula between the IR value and blood glucose level, but of course the monitoring wont be that accurate as this IR blood glucose monitor will jst estimate the blood glucose level

I seen it on research papers online and the circuit for the signal processing , but i dont know how should i start tackling the coding part for it as i dont know the formula to link IR value to blood glucose

On line you can also find advertisements for magnet belts that cure cancer. Have fun!

Nobody does. If they did, the sale of finger-prick blood glucose tests would drop to zero. Did any of the research papers have a formula?

They make continuous glucose monitors like the Freestyle Libre 2, but those measure interstitial fluid just under the skin (there is a needle), which lags behind true blood sugar levels a bit. Apple has spent a lot of money trying to get the watch to measure glucose. No cigar so far, but that would be close to an iPhone level product if they ever get it to work. Elevated glucose and insulin levels are a major driver of almost everything that goes wrong with us, and spikes are simply not detected in most cases.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.