nrf24l01 arduino getting started

Hello,

I bought arduino uno and micro, and NRF24L01 transceiver
I want to make a wireless button to turn on a LED remotely!
How can I do it?
Please give me rock bottom simple tutorial to get started,

many thanks!

You will need two wireless devices, one to send the signal, and the other one to receive the signal.

And if you want to communicate both ways, you might need four of them.

You will also need two arduinos, one to create the signal to send, and the other one to receive the signal and turn on your led.

Hi Soarmor, I recently did something similar, so have a look at this thread.

Paul

michinyon:
if you want to communicate both ways, you might need four of them.

The nRF24L01 transceivers are bidirectional, so it would only need two of them for a half duplex connection.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply's!
I have got 2 nrf24l01 .
I would like to know how to connect the arduino micro and to get me a simple program to switch
the LED on and off via a button wireless

Thanks a lot!

Hi soarmor. You have repeated youself. Did you read my thread?

Draw two diagrams showing how you will connect the rf modules to the Arduinos and what other components you will use. Then try to write the two sketches. Post the diagrams and sketches here and we will look at them for you. You can hand draw the diagrams or use Fritzing if you like.

Paul

Soarmor:
I would like to know how to connect the arduino micro and to get me a simple program to switch
the LED on and off via a button wireless

Look at the examples and documentation for ManiacBug's RF24 library. You will need to add a bit of logic to control an I/O pin based on the received message, but that is simple enough.

Hi Paul,

I've read your thread, but still got questions.

In your code you defined 2 pins - that is CE, and CSN. That's great, but I still got bunch of pins left like - SCK, MO, MI, IRQ.
Please tell me how to declare them??

Thanks a lot!

Hi soarmor,

MISO, MOSI & SCK must be connected to those same outputs on your Arduino. Those 3 ouputs together make the SPI bus. Find the pinout diagram for the Micro. That will tell you which outputs correspond to MISO, MOSI & SCK.

You don't need to define them in the sketch because they are always the same outputs (for a given type of Arduino) and the NRF library will know which to use.

You can leave IRQ unconnected.

Paul