Object detection with simple camera

I'd like to make a system with object detection and an Arudino. I see the ESP32-Cam, Nicla Vision, PixyCam, HuskyLens and various devices of that nature. I know they're small but they both have the lens attached to a board. What I'm looking for is a "remote" camera, basically just the lens, that I can connect to the edge computing device with a decently long (6-12 inch) cable.

Another option would be connecting the cameras to the Uno Q.

Does anyone have any ideas for a hardware setup that meets these requirements?

A camera is the sensing part, not the lens. Plenty of cameras have been made with NO lens. An electronic camera contains a lot of electronics to produce a photograph. You will also need that stuff.

You are probably thinking of a camera module, like these.

Most are connected to MCU boards with a ribbon cable, which requires special connectors on each end. Point to point wiring is also possible with a breakout like this one, but long loose wires will be a problem.

A single-lense-reflex camera is exactly that, AND, it is "wireless." All you need is mirrors and lenses.

Something like this is what I had in mind. I want the small form factor without a ribbon cable or board. If I could use the below and feed the signal to an Uno Q that would fit the bill.
Amazon.com: Backup Camera Flush Mount, Metal Housing 170°Wide View Angle Rear/Side/Front View Camera for Car, Clear Night Vision IP69 Waterproof Reverse Camera for Vehicle SUV RV Pickup, 18.5mm, 12V/24V, Black : Electronics.

Buy one. US$6.00

The backup camera sends live analog video, does not take individual digital photos.