Online Claw Machine App

I am very new to Arduinos, I want to make an app where you can control a real claw machine anywhere in the world, after some research, I feel like this would be best accomplished with an arduino board, the claw would move right, and back, then a drop button as well would need to be controlled. the motors are all 48V DC, what parts/boards would I need to complete this if possible?

Clawcraziness:
I am very new to Arduinos, I want to make an app where you can control a real claw machine anywhere in the world, after some research, I feel like this would be best accomplished with an arduino board, the claw would move right, and back, then a drop button as well would need to be controlled. the motors are all 48V DC, what parts/boards would I need to complete this if possible?

Have you planned any safety features for this app?

Paul

There's lots of claw machines in the world. You want to control all of them?

Or do you just want your machine that you build to be controllable by yourself and anyone you give the password to?

You already have the 48V motors? Then tell us. What part number or, even better, a link to a datasheet in [ url ] tags so it's clickable. Do you have any other components?

I should imagine that it's not fun controlling a machine you can't see. Do you have a webcam picked yet? The Arduino cannot do anything with the video data. It may be possible to turn the camera on and off with the Arduino.

I should imagine that it's not fun controlling a machine you can't see.

Or winning a prize you can't get.

I read the Q differently: How can you control a single claw machine anywhere in the world over the web?

My answer would be yes, but Arduino would be only a part of the entire system. You would likely want a more robust webserver than Arduino can provide. But Arduino would excel at reading the input joystick and button, as well as controlling the claw itself with motor controllers.

But for the security reasons addressed above, I would want to use something with a modern operating system that can do a secure connection, and safeguard all the transactions. This suggests android, ios or linux. The latter implies Raspberry Pi, which may be able to do the whole kit & caboodle.

I think the project would best be done in phases.

I would use the Arduino and some motor drivers and a wired joystick.
work out the bugs

then replace the joystick with a phone app that uses two slides X and Y, and one DROP button..
work out the bugs

ChrisTenone was dead on - The R-Pi would almost be required for the visual parts.
the R-Pi could do the whole thing, but IMHO, the motor control would be easier with the Arduino. Possibly to interface with the R-Pi.

the web interface screams for visual, real time interface. And that is NOT going to tp be done by the Arduino.

i absolutely love this idea and hope you patent it !

I can see the potential.

Thanks everyone! I got a developer, we decided to go with a rasberry pi linked up with servers for each machine we have. the pi has each joystick movement wire connected into it, and the website talks to the pi with X Y Z and drop, when someone adds money to their account, the server verifies they have enough money for said machine they clicked on, and then they're granted all controls of that machine. We got rts Ip cameras and a ultra low latency server for the video end.