OSD for measuring device.

I have a lidar-lite mouunted on top of a camera taking measurement of actors in the scene. The Read out is being generated to a wireless 2.5" TFT LCD.

I would like to be able to overlay the readout information on to my 7" Atomos monitor (focus Pulling Monitor).

I do not need wireless video. I would get the video signal for the HD camera through BNC. What I need is a way to connect to a box that would let the video pass through while generating the readout on the screen. The information from the lidar would come wireless to this box.

So the box would be connected to the camera through BNC, and connected to the monitor through BNC.

What is OSD ?

Have you some idea about how an Arduino could be part of your project?

...R

OSD means On Screen Display (a video overlay, generally of text)

This device should help: http://nootropicdesign.com/ve/

Thank you for the response. I had looked at that product, but I next BNC connecters and for it to plug into a HD monitor. Can I modify it to fit my needs?

purecharisma: Thank you for the response. I had looked at that product, but I next BNC connecters and for it to plug into a HD monitor. Can I modify it to fit my needs?

I don't think it will handle anything but SD composite video.

The Raspberry Pi has HDMI output. If you can get your high-definition video into it somehow you might be able to use it as a video overlay device. You would then have the Raspberry Pi communicate with your Arduino for the data to overlay.