Paralax LCD screen with arduino micro

I'm trying to get my parallax serial LCD display to work with my Arduino micro. I was able to get it to display a temperature on my Arduino UNO but I can't get anything on my micro. I have the baud rate at 9600, I have the SoftwareSerial library in my coding. but I can't get anything to display on it. I have it hooked up to TX pin, the 5V pin, and the GND pin so I don't think the wiring is the problem. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

I think you might get some help if you provided a picture of your setup and a copy of your code.

Some information about the specific display that you are using and the specific 'micro' that you are now using would help as well.

Don

Yah I probably should’ve been more specific. Here’s a link to the specific arduino I’m using again its the arduino micro.

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardMicro

The coding at this time is extremely minimal, basically just trying to get it to work. Nothing fancy yet

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

void setup() {

Serial.begin(9600);

Serial.println("Hello World");
}

void loop() {
}

The type of display I’m using is a parallax serial LCD display. It has a built in speaker, with dip switches that control the baud rate of the LCD on the back of it. Powered by 5V at 20ma with backlight off and 80ma with backlight on. Here’s a link to the parallax site where I got it from. It may have more info to help.

When I contacted the parallax tech support for more info on the product and to ask if there was any info on the coding procedure for it they directed me to this site:

http://learn.parallax.com/KickStart/27977

which had several coding languages for it including one for the Arduino:

const int TxPin = 6;

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
SoftwareSerial mySerial = SoftwareSerial(255, TxPin);

void setup() {

pinMode(TxPin, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(TxPin, HIGH);

mySerial.begin(9600);
  delay(100);
  mySerial.write(12);                 // Clear             
  mySerial.write(17);                 // Turn backlight on
  delay(5);                           // Required delay
  mySerial.print("Hello, world...");  // First line
  mySerial.write(13);                 // Form feed
  mySerial.print("from Parallax!");   // Second line
  mySerial.write(212);                // Quarter note
  mySerial.write(220);                // A tone
  delay(3000);                        // Wait 3 seconds
  mySerial.write(18);                 // Turn backlight off

}

void loop() {
}

when I tried this it still didn’t work out. So again any thoughts?