This is the shield I’ve made to help beginners to prototype with many options. I have also created a whole bunch of programs that you can use to start off your projects: GPS display/tracker, alarm clock, Morse code translator, etc.
Here is a list of its functions:
- 16X2 LCD character display
- 6 push buttons - four arranged in arrow keys and two more on the side
- 2 RJ11 ports for long and robust connections with sensors or control devices
- Optional buzzer and LED in place of the RJ11 ports
- Real time clock with battery backup keeps the time when Arduino is turned off
- EEPROM for easy data logging keeps data when Arduino is turned off
- GPS connector and breakout for this popular GPS module
- Reset button for Arduino
- All Arduino pins are brought out for maximal flexibility.
- Hackable for more functionalities (see the end of the assembling)
I was going to post this on News but I can’t do it there (can’t post).
Here it is for sale:
The online store now carries the full kit, including LCD, real time clock and parts. If you want to use a GPS on it, you still need to purchase from sparkfun.
I’ve got details/codes/videos on my blog: